Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8th - Wing Watchers

Morning Coffee:

Backyard birding

























I believe I saw a female purple martin today. How I wish I was capable with the camera like my mom and aunt. I should probably learn. The little brown creeper is all over the yard today. The cardinals are now feeding each other. And the blue jays seem to be coming in larger numbers. The chickadees are no longer the only birds not afraid to frequent the deck and feed near us. The wrens, white-breated nuthatches, and red-breasted nuthatches all come right up close to snatch their nuts. The blue jays are becoming bolder as well. The cardinals and robins remain on the outskirts of the yard never approaching the deck while I'm outside. The starlings are frequenting the suet. Although the starlings, for lack of a better word seem mean and are always fighting my favorite picture my mom has taken is of a starling, I hope she posts it. All the colors are so vivid, it's a beautiful photo.




2 comments: